Sunday 6 January 2019

SLJ, DAY 4, WEEK 1, More That Meets The Eye

DAY 4:

Activity 1:

Scaling New Heights:

5 Questions I Would Ask Sir Edmund Hillary If I Ever Had The Chance To Meet Him:

   1. When did you decide that your love for climbing?
   2.What was going though your head when you where so close to the top of Mt Everest?
   3. What are three of the most important things you learn't over your life time that you think youth today would like to hear?
   4. What where your top 3 favourite achievements of yours?
   5. How can the youth of today, follow in your foot steps as an adventurer, achiever, and giver?

Activity 2:

Pancakes and Maple Syrup?

My favorite food is a home made pizza made with potato and garlic sauce.
To make it you need:
1 tortilla
2 tsp of crushed garlic
50g of softened butter
cooked potatoes
A sprinkle of Rosemary
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese

To make the paste in a pot at low heat, put the butter in until melted, then mix in the crushed garlic. When mixed and heated, pour onto tortilla and spread around. Sprinkle both cheeses onto the tortilla. Cut up the potatoes into small slices, and place on the tortilla. Sprinkle the rosemary on and cook until cheese melted. Eat Up!!!

Activity 3:

Salt and Pepper:

Where I would build a hotel is somewhere in the Marlborough sounds filled with many bird calls and frogs chirping. with water lapping on the beach. Clear blue skys, and clear blue water. The hotel would be one the water just like how my Dad tried to do. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Iris,

    Wow, you have really taken the time to think about some of these questions, haven't you? Terrific work, Iris, I love that you have thought about questions that are related to what Sir Edmund Hillary does. These questions are very well thought out, I think he would need some time to think about his answers - you have given him a good challenge! I also wonder what he's learnt over his lifetime that he would be able to share with us, that would be precious information that I would love to hear! Sir Edmund Hillary sure is a remarkable man with many great achievements, it would be an honour to be able to sit down and ask him those wonderful questions.

    Mmmm yum, you really can't beat pizza, it's just so delicious and convenient! Home made foods are always the best. The day would begin fantastically if we could have home made pizza for breakfast even though it wouldn't be the typical breakfast option. All this talk of food is making my mouth water and tummy grumble! How often do you make your own pizza? If I could, I would probably have this for breakfast, lunch and dinner! I think it would go nice with some freshly squeezed orange juice or some good old L&P. Thank you for the recipe Iris, I will definitely try it for lunch tomorrow.

    I've never been to Marlborough Sounds but I've heard amazing things about the place and have seen the photos so I would most definitely love to visit your hotel! What a great location you have chosen! It would be so magical to open the doors in the mornings and hear the birds chirping and frogs calling. Would you like to stay there yourself? It sounds like such a beautiful place to stay.

    Best,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.