Wednesday 3 January 2018

Summer Blogging Challenge Week 1 Day 2 Activity 1+2+bonus

Activity 1: A house or a home?

This is a wharepuni.


















This is my home .














Here are the differences in two different drawings







These 4 things are the same we have Guardians (taniwhas) in front of our house (Sort of)



Both of these are homes to people and shelters. They are homes to us and to all our family values, treasurers and memories, we all live in our own homes happily... Hopefully... 




The Difference with this is that the shape is different our has more of walls and they basically just a sloop.
We have wood, brick, stone, all kinds of materials to build houses and they only had wood and they carved it to tell the story of their history.

Activity 2: The rules of engagement.

Here are my pictures that I have drawn  myself - no tracing just sketching all from my mind. My dream job would be a professional dancer. I am all ready a jazz and ballet dancer. I go to competitions and sometimes earn awards. There is some kind of story in it. It starts with the present, it is a dream of looking in the mirror and your see your future self on pointe (a kind of ballet shoe) and in a pretty tutu.

i want to be a professional dancer because dancing is my passion.  I dance 5 classes a week and love the feeling of finishing a dance knowing i have done really really well. Hope you like :)


And then doing it!



Bonus Activity: Special Meals.

My favourite food is from a restaurant call Joe's Garage. There is a delicious menu and I love the pork belly Mmm. Here it is.


The best descriptive words my Mum said about it was, "God it was good"but her face told another story.  Probably the same with mine...... The meat was juicy and tender, the crackling was crunchy and crackly, the potato was sweet and smooth and I didn't eat the salad.  I am a carnivore😀 

  



4 comments:

  1. Hi Iris

    You have done a really good job of this activity. I love the way that you have presented it. It's just like a spot the difference puzzle.
    The basic shape of the house is the same with the pitch of the roof similar too. We need the roof to have this especially here in the winter to keep the rain off our house.
    The sleeping arrangements would be different on the inside as in a wharepuni everyone would sleep in one big room. Not too sure have much sleep you would get!
    And luckily in our modern homes generally we all get our own bedrooms so we don't have to share with anyone else.
    Have you got your own room ?

    I really like your drawings of your dream job. I am not surprised that this is what you would choose. You are a really great dancer and I am sure that if you keep going like you are you will make your dream come true.
    I really like that your second drawing is a birds eye view looking down onto you with your tutu on. Its awesome!
    What is your favourite style of dancing? Can you choose or is it too hard?

    Yum! I have to say that pork belly looks amazing! It really does look so juicy. I love the way that is has been presented too. It almost looks to good to eat.
    Do you have a go at cooking at home? If so, what is your speciality?

    Well done Iris another great presentation. Keep it up and I look forward to seeing what you do next.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Iris,

    My name is Emiely (pronounced "Emily") and along with Allie, I'm another blogger at the Summer Learning journey! I was scrolling through your blog and can I just say... WOW! It is great to see that you have put so much effort into your blog posts.

    I like the way you have showed similarities and differences between your house and a wharepuni by using pictures. What a great way to do this activity!

    Your drawing of yourself as a ballerina looks fantastic! You seem like a great artist. Do you do much art at school? What kind of art do you like to do and what materials do you like to use? I often like to create pastel drawings because you there are so many different colours and pastels are really easy to blend.

    Keep up the great blogging! The Summer Learning Journey team can't wait to see your next blog post.

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Iris. It's Reagan here.

    I really like how in Activity 1 you have circled the differences and similarities of a wharepuni and your house. In Activity 2, I absolutely love how realistically you have drawn he ballet shoes and the birds eye view of the ballerina!! In Activity 3, I like how you have added in the review of what you and your Mum said about the pork belly. I also like how you have added in where you get it and a photo of it!

    Awesome work!!

    Did you enjoy doing this activity?

    Noho ora mai
    Reagan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora, Iris it's Millah here

    #1 i liked how you showed the differnces of your house and a wharepuni. Also you have circled the differences as well

    #2 I liked how you have drawn ballet shoes and dancer. You also didn't just do 1 drawing but you did 2. I like how 1 pictuer it was ballet shoes and the another one was a birds eye view of a dancer

    #3 I liked how you included a photo of your favourite food and you also told us what restaurant makes it and what it's called.

    Well done this is a really good post!!:)

    Good bye Millah

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.